Sunday, January 17, 2010

to and from

In winter, the roads in our neighborhood are not plowed. So, we park off the main road and travel by other means to our property, about 1/4 mile from the vehicle.

Sometimes we get there like this:


Many times we have to carry things and we travel like this:


There are even occasions when Eden manages to talk me into a sweet ride like this:

the part you can't see is that I am the sled-dog in this arrangement

Sometimes those of us with better balance carry things in with smooth moves like this:


Occasionally, when the load is large we try to fire up our 30 year old snowmobile we paid $50 for to get the load in:


But, mostly, this is how we get to and from:


I wish I'd had my camera on me today. I'll try to paint a picture with words. Imagine a sled, constructed of 2x4s and old skis. Strapped to the top of it is 424 pounds of 16 ft 2x12 and 2x10 lumber. Then picture in your mind's eye two totally crazy 20-something thrill seeking kick-ass skiers riding this contraption down the hill to our house. Yeah. I wish I had my camera.

1 comment:

  1. Duly Pictured and amazed - good thing you are a healthy homemaker.

    ReplyDelete