Tuesday, January 26, 2010

more Up

Today started out snowy and I spent the morning on the phone and computer ordering material for the next stage of the building project, as well as catching up with some dangling Heliocentric tasks.

Once I made it to the site, things seemed to sort of putter along, fixing tool problems and finding things. Grr... Then (then!) I finally completed a task I've been itching to get done for weeks.



This looks pretty normal, right? Sawing with power tools. I've got on my hearing protection, you'll note. Mostly this scene is very passé on a construction site.

Let's take a look at this scene from a slightly different angle:

{please forgive the camera phone image quality}

If that picture makes it look like I'm hanging out in the middle of the air 20+ ft up, it's because I sort of am. (Before you have a panic attack, look carefully, I am wearing a safety harness and rope.)

A corner rafter that was left untrimmed and has prevented me from finishing the roof insulation in that corner of the roof. It's been driving me crazy and I haven't been able to get anyone on the site to fix it. So... today I put my new scaffolding building skills to use and got myself out in the middle of the air and cut it!

Yay for completed tasks and dealing with fear of heights!

No comments:

Post a Comment