Monday, June 7, 2010

a little more than sunkissed

The weather on our mountain sometimes reminds me of the weather I remember on the Tibetan plateau. One moment it's sunny and 70 degrees and the next it's sleeting and 40 degrees.

Less than one week ago I was in my "spring" attire to be comfortable: insulated coveralls, long underwear pants, long underwear shirt, long sleeved shirt, and hat. Today, it was roasting hot at 70 degrees and sunny and despite several sunscreen applications, I got a sunburn on my newly exposed skin. I just applied the aloe.

Then, tonight, a thunderstorm rolled in to shake things up a bit. As we were racing to replace the tarp over the greenhouse, we got drenched and wound up having to mop and vacuum up 100 gallons or so of rainwater out of the house at 9 o'clock at night before we headed home.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for summer's arrival, but I do wish it had arrived with slightly more warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment