Thursday, March 8, 2012

international women's day

Source
Looking at the full moon tonight, making wishes for the women of this planet

:: I wish all women the opportunity to decide their reproductive futures
:: I wish all girls and women the resources to meet their educational goals
:: I wish all women access to health care for themselves and their families
:: I wish all women the dignity of a fair wage for honest work
:: I wish all women respect and kindness from the people in their lives

I bought myself a gift to celebrate International Women's Day. Because maternal health is a cause I am passionate about, I made a donation to Edna Adan's Hospital of Somaliland.

If you feel so moved, I urge you to make a donation to a women's cause that stirs your heart. Or maybe read Half the Sky by husband-wife team Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn. Or watch this 4-minute interview with Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Nobel Peace Prize winner and the first democratically elected female president in Africa, the president of Liberia. I would be honored if you shared your International Women's Day celebration ideas in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment